How It Works
Introducing Our Resources
Anyone Can Do It
- Explore this website and our channel and get a feel for what’s available. Make sure you don’t miss the playlist that helps you focus only on the lessons and quizzes.
- Make a plan for how you want to use the videos, whether that be in a classroom, for self-directed learning, or homeschool. Here’s a guided learning schedule we’ve designed as an example to get your started. A textbook is not necessary to learn Hebrew with our videos. If you want to use one, you can, but it’s completely optional. Also, we’ve written grammar lessons that go along with each video for those who love grammar or feel like they need extra help in that area. These lessons are also completely optional. They won’t help you develop fluency and internalize the language, but they may be helpful and interesting in other ways.
- Practicing saying the words and phrases out loud, because this will help you internalize the language and feel like you own it. Watch the videos as many times as you need to start understanding.
- Strive to be comfortable learning like a kid. That means being ok with ambiguity for a while.
- Don’t miss the quiz videos after every few lessons that give you an opportunity to practice out loud and to check yourself. You may be surprised how much you’ve learned after just a few videos! Even if you can’t remember all the vocabulary on the quiz, don’t worry! If you can produce it from memory, that’s awesome, but the most important thing is that you recognize and understand the word when you hear it.
- Make sure to watch the lessons in order, because with each lesson we’re building on what came before and assuming you already are familiar with the vocabulary and grammar presented in earlier videos. You can do this easily with this playlist.
And don’t miss our further recommendations in the video below!
For Use Offline
If you’d like to share our videos with others who have limited or no internet, or just want to have the videos available offline, this free, safe program allows you to download our entire YouTube playlist with one click. If this option doesn’t work for you, you can download our videos one by one on LBRY here. The most convenient option is a torrent. We have two torrent options: 1) 480p resolution, which is great for phones, 2) 1080p resolution, which is great for high definition computer or TV screens. Each of these torrents will download all of the first 84 video lessons with one click. (If you’re unfamiliar with torrents, you can learn here. We recommend using free BitTorrent classic.) Select a torrent option below if you have a torrent client/downloader already:
If you can, please help us seed the torrents to provide more bandwidth!