Equipping the Church for Bible Translation & Beyond
Andrew and Bethany Case are the founders of Betheden Ministries, which is the non-profit behind the global Hebrew outreach Aleph with Beth. Our purpose is to help see the whole Bible in every language, and the global Church equipped for growth and maturity. In the western world we have an “embarrassment of riches.” We have thousands of biblical resources one click away, and in the language we understand best. Meanwhile, there are millions of people in other countries who don’t even have a Bible in their mother tongue. We believe that knowledge of the biblical languages is one of the most fundamental needs of every church around the world. It is the foundation of theology, sound interpretation, and healthy churches. So our goal is to empower the global Church with the biblical languages, as well as train and serve the Bible translation effort.
We have adapted the core values of an organization called Unfolding Word. We hold these to be essential to who we are and how we want to operate:
- Returning to Joy — Because the joy of the Lord is our strength, we refuse to operate out of fear but will return to joy in all circumstances.
- Working Interdependently — Because we seek scalable solutions, we will pursue strategic, genuine relationships and cultivate Christ-exalting partnerships.
- Always Learning — Because we seek excellence and effectiveness, we strive to innovate and continuously improve.
- Walking in Humility — Because we are one part of the body of Christ, we serve alongside the global Church to understand and meet their needs.
- Freely Giving — Because we have received everything from God as a gift, we are committed to making all of our content free and open-access to everyone, and encouraging others to do the same.
- Empowering the Under-Resourced — Because many non-Western Christians still suffer the lack of quality biblical resources, we endeavor to prioritize giving them access to these resources.