Can You Help Us?
It's Time to Go Global
We want to prioritize access to those who are most under-resourced and marginalized when it comes to biblical tools. It’s time for 100% of the world’s population to have access to the biblical languages. For that we need an army of volunteers. We need YOU.
The Gateway Language Strategy
The Gateway Languages Strategy leverages 21st century opportunities to provide all content, training, and tools needed to learn the biblical languages in the smallest number of Languages of Wider Communication that cover 100% of the languages spoken collectively by the global Church through patterns of multilingualism (learn more at unfoldingWord).
We want to equip the global Church with the biblical languages so that they can do quality, sustainable Bible translation (learn more) and create contextualized, theologically-sound biblical resources in every language where it’s needed. This is one of the most fundamental elements that any translation or church needs. We aim to do this by providing all our resources under open licenses and then collaborating with Church networks worldwide to translate them into the strategic languages of wider communication. This is a massive undertaking.
That’s where you come in.
We need volunteers from the list of languages below to help us with the following list. We’ve put the top priorities at the beginning in bold. Please make sure to contact us first to find out if someone has already translated into your language:
- Translate as much of our web page as possible. Here’s a tutorial video on how to do it.
- Help us translate this script into your language, find someone with a great voice to record it as professionally as possible, and then follow this video tutorial (make sure to read the video’s description) to create an intro video in sync with the audio.
- Translate the titles and descriptions of our videos on this list.
- Translate these grammar lessons from our Resource page.
- WordPress Website building
- Google Adwords
- Google SEO optimization
- Translate instructions on how to use our videos
- Make videos in your language that explain the implicit Hebrew grammar in our videos
- People with intermediate or advanced Hebrew who can collaborate to create lots of free resources for comprehensible input. For example, illustrations for simple reading, animating or acting out simple stories in Hebrew. The world of biblical languages needs thousands of these kinds of resources available to all for free for people to have success in learning. Learn more about the reason for this in this video and this video.
- People who can help us record interlinear audio bibles in the gateway languages. For instance, we would set you up with a free program that would allow you to record your voice reading in your language what has been recorded in Hebrew, phrase by phrase.
- At least one person from each language who is willing to be a point of contact for those who have questions about resources in that language. We would post that person’s contact information on our website.
Do You Speak One of These Languages?
If you or someone you know speaks one of the following languages fluently, and you’re willing to help with the list of needs above, please contact us at alephwithbeth (at) gmail.com. Thank you!
- Malagasy Plateau
- Urdu, Devanagari script (ur-Deva)
- Papuan Malay
- Tok Pisin